BIBA Endorsed Holiday Travel+ and Sports Travel+
About the Schemes
Holiday Travel+ and Sports Travel+ are multi-sectioned travel insurance policies for individuals, families, groups and sports teams.
Both single trip and annual multi-trip policies are obtained via a simple and easy to use online platform to quote, bind, renew and amend policies.
The online platform can be operated by a broker in their office and/or provided as a white labelled client facing link that can be placed on their website.
Key policy features
- Independent travel for all insured persons including children, no minimum age.
- Cruise holidays covered as standard
- Clerical Business trips covered as standard
- Motorcycling holidays covered as standard – cover your client to ride Route 66 on a Harley
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions including mental health conditions, subject to medical screening
- Cover for members of the armed forces with a BFPO address
- Optional golf and winter sports cover extension
- No sub-limit for winter sports duration on Annual multi-trip policy (majority of market limit to 17 days in total for the year)
- Many high risk activities covered
- Financial Failure of end supplier (e.g. airline, hotel, car rental company …) covered
- Holiday Travel+ - age limit – 75 years for Annual multi-trip policies; 85 years for single trip policies
- Sports Travel+ - age limit 65 years for annual multi-trip and single trip policies, higher on referral
Key policy features specific to Holiday Travel+
- All risk cancellation and curtailment cover (e.g. leave cancelled for members of the armed forces)
- Cancellation cover if there has been a terrorist incident at the holiday destination
- Missed departure cover provided for all legs of the trip
Key policy features specific to Sports Travel+
- Cancellation cover if injured and cannot compete
- Cover for over 150 sports and activities such as 4 wheel track days, Competition and training
- Sports equipment cover available
Cover in relation to Covid-19
Cancellation Cover – If insured person, their close relative, a member of their household or travelling companion or a friend with whom they had arranged to stay has a diagnosis of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to booked departure date, as certified by a Medical Practitioner:
- The cost of all travel charges that insured person has paid and/or are contracted to pay before the departure date and cannot recover in respect of any part of the Journey that they are necessarily required to cancel
Curtailment Cover - Death of insured person’s close relative after contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19:
- All reasonable additional travel expenses incurred by insured person in returning to their home address in the United Kingdom
Emergency Medical Expenses – Insured person contracting COVID-19, as certified by a Medical Practitioner following a medically approved test showing a positive result for COVID-19 during their journey:
- Emergency medical and repatriation expenses
- Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses (room only) for insured person to extend their stay until they are medically fit to return to the United Kingdom
- Reasonable additional travelling and accommodation expenses to repatriate insured person to the United Kingdom when they are denied boarding on their pre-booked return travel due to contracting COVID-19.
- Confinement benefit: a benefit payment of £30 for each complete 24 hour period up to £300 where insured person are ordered into self-isolation in their holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, as a result of them contracting COVID-19
Key Benefits to Brokers
- Direct access to knowledgeable decision making underwriters
- Flexibility to build a customised client policy for individuals and/or affinity groups
- Swift response to non-standard referrals
- An embedded web-based platform that enables the sale of travel products through a white labelled website and customer facing link
Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) Directory
MaPS has launched a travel insurance directory on its Money Advice Service website for people with serious pre-existing medical conditions.
Click here for more information and how to access the directory.