What is the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS)?
MaPS is a free and impartial money and pension advice service set up by the Government to provide information and guides to help improve your finances.
Who is the directory for?
MaPS has launched a travel insurance directory on its Money Advice Service website for people with serious pre-existing medical conditions.
These following factors may help determine if the MaPS Directory is relevant to you:
- You have not been offered, or we/the insurer, have declined a quotation wholly or partly due to a medical condition
- Your policy has been cancelled, wholly or partly, due to a medical condition
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition exclusion, which cannot be removed from the policy
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition premium of £100 or more
- You have been offered a policy in respect of which the medical condition premium is not known.
- If these factors apply to you, we recommend you visit the new MaPS Directory
You can access it here: https://traveldirectory.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en
This directory lists firms that provide, or arrange, travel insurance policies that cover more serious medical conditions. The service will also provide relevant information about each firm listed, allowing you to make an informed initial choice about which provider may meet your needs.
Some of the advantages of using the directory are making it easier for you to navigate the available markets and make it more likely in finding a firm who:
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition without specific exclusions
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition at a more affordable price.
If you wish to make an enquiry about the directory, please contact the Money and Pensions Service Customer Contact Centre.
Telephone – 0800 138 7777
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm