Meet the team: Graeme Hamilton
In this edition we catch up with Graeme Hamilton Head of Leisure at Jackson Lee. Graeme gives us the insight in to his career in the Leisure Insurance market to date. When considering insurance suppliers it is important to know their background and experience in the particular product line.
- Joined Endsleigh Insurance as a graduate trainee 1992.
- First foray in to leisure insurance when joined Bakers of Cheltenham (now part of Towergate / URIS / Ardonagh) in October 1993 as an Account Handler dealing with caravan and motorhome customers. Leisure insurance ever since, 25+ years.
- Joined Jardine Insurance (now JLT / Marsh) in 1997 as Associate Director responsible for Touring Caravan and direct Static Caravan and Park Home accounts. Set up caravan schemes for Practical Caravan magazine and Churchill Insurance.
- Operations Director (JLT) 2006 heading up Pet & Travel Division. Major pet accounts including M&S and Sainsbury’s plus own Paws brand. Travel insurance for Guardian, Mirror Group, Shearings Coaches.
- End of 2007 left JLT to set up own business specialising in leisure products – caravan, boat / yacht, travel, event. Developed specialist travel schemes for customers with impaired lifestyles and trip cancellation for British Helicopters.
- Business bought by Canopius in 2012. Moved to K Drewe (part of Canopius). Business Development Manager – caravan, travel, boat / yacht, classic car, military vehicle. Responsible for developing relationships with clubs and affinity groups.
- October 2014 joined Thistle Insurance (then JLT now part of PIB) as Business Development Director – Caravan / Caravan parks (Commercial) , Cycle (British Cycling, Evans Cycles) , Camera , Music.
- 2016 joined Jackson Lee.
The diversity of the different types of leisure insurance, the evolving market place and new technologies means that no two days are the same says Graeme. Also leisure insurance is not a difficult sell, leisure customers are really passionate about what they do and have a genuine interest in wanting to make sure that their property or equipment is properly insured.
Outside of work Graeme is a keen cyclist, and has just started training for the Lutine Ride4Life, 128 miles Birmingham to London. He is a passionate supporter of Newcastle United and has seen them play in France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Holland and Ireland as well as most Premiership and Championship stadiums in England.