GAP Insurance is still important
A third of drivers say having access to a car is more important than ever following the Coronavirus outbreak.
A third of drivers say they’re more reliant than ever on having access to a car.
The research from the RAC underscores the increasing reliance many drivers have on their cars to help complete essential journeys, with three-quarters (75%) saying they use the car for permitted food shopping, 28% saying they use it to get to pharmacies, and a fifth (18%) needing the car to provide care or help to a vulnerable person. A fifth (20%) also say they use the car to get to work as they are in a role where they cannot work from home.
Vehicle Theft has risen 21%. Although the impact of the Covid-19 lockdown on car crime in 2020 is still unclear, vehicle thefts have gone up by 60% in some police forces across England and Wales between 2016 and 2019, new data from AX suggests.
Its Freedom of Information (FOI) request, carried out among police forces across England and Wales, also revealed that theft increased by 14% between the 2016/17 and 2017/18 financial years alone.
Biggest increases in stolen vehicles
|Police Force Total Reported Stolen Vehicles||% Change since 16/17|
Did you know that Jackson Lee Underwriting has been providing GAP Insurance to insurance brokers for the past 29 years.
- We currently have three insurers with whom we work each of which has an A Rating;
- GAP is not only available as a single premium product as offered by Motor Dealerships, but also as an annually renewable policy;
- Brokers offering annually renewable Fleet GAP enjoy a 91% retention rate on this product;
- Annually renewable consumer GAP is currently running at an 84% retention rate;
- We can insure cars, vans, HGV’s minibuses, couriers, taxis, motorcycles, Driving Schools;
- In 2019 100% of claims were paid;