Job Vacancy – Software Developer
Expanding Insurance Underwriting Company are holding interviews for a vacancy within its IT department for an additional software developer. Established in 2001 we have always developed our own systems using Common Lisp and there is an exciting chapter ahead for a programmer who is looking for a rewarding career.
Working alongside our Head of Systems, your responsibility would be to design, test, implement and maintain programs that support the company’s ambitious goals. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills, be able to solve problems, be self-motivated and be able to work with others. Mainly remote working.
You must be able to quickly learn and utilise new technologies and be a source on how these can help the business.
Technical skills required:
You will need a good understanding of programming techniques and the desire to learn. You will also need to demonstrate an ability to complete projects of significant complexity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Common Lisp experience;
- Good knowledge of CLOS including the meta object protocol (ideally);
- Experience with higher order functional programming techniques;
- Experience in any of the following: Prolog, Haskell, ML, Smalltalk or related language;
- Familiarity with Emacs;
- Practical experience of Programming language design and implementation;
- Relational database design and implementation (PostgresQL experience a plus);
- As a bonus: knowledge of CLIM and/or Lisp Machines.
A good candidate will have:
- Experience in some lisp dialect (eg: Scheme, Clojure etc);
- Familiarity with OO programming;
- A very strong desire to learn;
- Familiarity with functional programming techniques and/or languages;
- Experience or a knowledge of emacs or, as a minimum, appetite to learn more;
- Familiarity with Gopher ;)
Do apply even if you’re not familiar with all of these things, but would really like to learn.
Ideally we are looking for someone who requires a permanent, full time position. Salary negotiable based on experience.
Please contact us via: